Let Your Freak Flag Fly

This is a blog of a guy who strives to be different as he tries to find his voice and place within this always changing society

Friday, June 15, 2007

Arctic Monkeys




The last of the new vinyl is another UK band Arctic Monkeys. This is there first two LP's. The Arctic Monkeys have been billed as the next Beatles.....but as I am a huge Beatles fan I wouldn't go that far but they are definitely a very fun band. Very upbeat and you cannot beat the British accents that you can actually hear on the albums. Young guys who in my opinion have a lot going on and could probably make a long career out of this. Too bad every time they come to Toronto it sells out in 4 minutes. Maybe next time. The first album is called Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not and it is a very upbeat rock album that could be played at any dance club. The second is Your Favourite Worst Nightmare which is equally as good. Something tells me these guys have no trouble writing songs which hopefully means a lot of releases in the future....Until then .........
Enjoi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home