Let Your Freak Flag Fly

This is a blog of a guy who strives to be different as he tries to find his voice and place within this always changing society

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bob Dylan






On Tuesday I went and saw Bob Dylan at the Air Canada Centre. The show was fantastic. The Foo Fighters opened up for them playing an acoustic set and closed their show with an excellent rendition of everlong. As for Bob, he is 65 and he was never known for his singing voice but at 65 he has embraced the raspy qualities. I find he really puts on an excellent blues feel to all his tunes now. The highlight for me was Summer Days/Summer Nights off the Love and Theft album. This was my second time seeing Dylan but the first time I was 15 so this one ment much more. I think I would pay to see Dylan time and time again if he keeps up with the bluesy tunes. Here's the setlist from the Toronto show. I still wish I could see him again tonite. But I just have wait a few days and put up with GUNS N ROSES or should I say AXL. Until then......................enjoi


Toronto, OntarioAir Canada Centre
November 7, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Lonesome Day Blues
4. Positively 4th Street
5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6. When The Deal Goes Down
7. Highway 61 Revisited
8. Masters Of War
9. Rollin' And Tumblin'
10. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Like A Rolling Stone
16. All Along The Watchtower

Band Members

Bob Dylan - keyboard, harp

Tony Garnier - bass

George Recile - drums

Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar

Denny Freeman - lead guitarDonnie Herron - electric mandolin, violin, pedal steel, lap steel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home