Let Your Freak Flag Fly

This is a blog of a guy who strives to be different as he tries to find his voice and place within this always changing society

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Guns N Roses Round Two





Well I can say I have seen all the original members of Guns N Roses except Izzy but It is now my turn to say whether I would want to see Axls touring band (Guns N' Roses) or Slash, Duff and Matts (Velvet Revolver). I have seen both (GNR twice, VR once and Slash's Snakepit once). Although I love Slash and Duff I am sure I would pay more money and be more likely to go see Axl's new band featuring Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortuis, Robin Fink, Brain, Bumblefoot and Tommy Stinson. This show was amazing! Axl is on top of his game again and he even slimmed down for this tour. The show started with an opening band called Die Mannequin. Then there was a burlesque show by a group called the Suicide Girls (very interesting opening band for a concert!) Then came on Toronto's own, Sebastian Bach and he was pretty good. He brought the Trailer Park Boys out with him (Ricky, Julian and Bubbles) and Bubbles played guitar and sang his tune Liquor and Whores. Then around 11:45 Guns N Roses took the stage. Here is the set list:

Welcome to the Jungle

Its So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Knockin on Heavens Door

(Robins Solo--Comfortably Numb) Better (New Song)

The Blues (New Song)

Sweet Child O Mine

Nightrain

Used to Love Her

Patience

Down on the Farm

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Don't Cry (Robin instrumental)

My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach)

IRS (new song)

Out Ta Get Me

Chinese Democracy (new song)

Paradise City

All in all it was an amazing show that was over at 2 am I didn't get back to st. Kitts until after 4am. Well worth the exhaustion that incurred for the rest of the week! Until the next show or the new GNR album Chinese Democracy

Enjoi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home